The Kentucky Foster/Adoptive Care Associations, or KFACA, is dedicated to the empowerment and encouragement of foster and adoptive families through advocacy and training. The KFACA provides a unified voice for more effective advocacy of children. We partner with DCBS to actively engage in policy formulation and changes for the betterment of foster and adoptive care including the development of training for parents and agency staff. In addition, we work to increase public awareness through recruitment and retention of foster and adoptive parents.
Quick Facts about The KFACA
- Organized in 1988
- Foster/Adoptive Parents and DCBS Staff working together
- Engages in legislative issues
- Works toward Per Diem increases
- Enacted a Smoking Policy
- Published the Foster/Adoptive Parent Bill of Rights
- Established the Ky. Foster Adoptive Parent Training Support Network
- Holds Quarterly Meetings
- Provides 24 Hours of quality training yearly
- KFACA is a member of the National Foster Parent Association (NFPA)
- Brings a Strong Voice on local, statewide, and national levels.